Pineapple Fried Rice
I had some pineapple that was almost going to be too ripe unless I did something with it, so I decided to try my own spin on vegetarian pineapple fried rice.
What you need:
2 Cups Cooked and chilled rice (I used brown, soak the grains a few hours for tenderness)
6-7 strips of Morning Star Veggie bacon (crispy cook it before hand)
1 Cup of ripe pineapple diced
1/3 Cup Cashews (whole or bits)
¼ Cup green peas (frozen is standard)
(you can add any vegetable to this rice)
1 Tbs Turmeric
1 Tbs Brown sugar (you may not need if the pineapple is very ripe)
1-2Tbs Veggie stock powder
1 clove diced fine garlic
Dash of garlic chili sauce (small red plastic jar from Asian mart..Optional, if you don’t have it add Cheyenne)
Heat 2 TBs of olive oil until pretty hot (not burned oil just as hot as it can go before it goes into burn zone)
Throw in your all of your ingredients except the seasonings let it sizzle on each side a bit to get the browned effect on whatever veggie you use and the cashews and pineapple, then turn in the skillet.
Do this until you have the desired brown, and taste test as you add the seasonings slowly. Taste testing as always is the key to getting he flavor how you want it.
Plate and enjoy!
- iziaih201 reblogged this from easyvegetarianmeals
- iziaih201 likes this
- smyrna523 likes this
- yourmyfavouritething likes this
- lilbabyfairyprincess likes this
- take-risks-with-me reblogged this from easyvegetarianmeals
- lawliet408 likes this
- cardio4chocolate reblogged this from easyvegetarianmeals
- noeldeunrose likes this
- bigdaddysnailcakes likes this
- rachettethequokka likes this
- methecolourgreen reblogged this from easyvegetarianmeals
- easyvegetarianmeals posted this